With the Conference on the Future of Europe, the EU has completed a historical exercise of participatory democracy. Bringing together institutions, citizens, social partners and civil society, it provided feedback on our joint actions. And should lead to improving our common project. Building upon its activities throughout the process, SGI Europe now calls on EU institutions to deliver on the expectations highlighted by citizens, social partners and civil society, and bring to life the final report of the Conference on the Future of Europe. Read more on our key messages on the way forward.
Contributions of SGI Europe representatives at the Plenary sessions of the Conference on the Future of Europe
Since its official launch on Europe Day 2021 with a formal ceremony until its conclusion today, President Pascal Bolo and General Secretary Valeria Ronzitti represented SGI Europe in every step to identify and highlight areas of improvement for EU actions.
Reporting back from the Plenary sessions of the Conference on the Future of Europe was featured prominently in the weekly editions of SGI Europe’s Newsflashes throughout the last 12 months:
- Plenary of 29-30 April 2022
- Plenary of 8-9 April 2022
- Plenary of 11-12 March and 25-26 March 2022
- Plenary of 21-22 January 2022
- Plenary of 22-23 October 2022
- Plenary of 18-19 June 2022
SGI Europe Ideas on the Digital Platform
In the context of the Conference on the Future of Europe, SGI Europe has prepared and shared a set of key ideas to shape a green, fair and digital Europe moving forward. You can find below a list of the proposals uploaded by SGI Europe:
- A Fair and Social Europe
- The future of the EU Green Deal
- The digitalisation of the EU economy
- SGI Europe position on Health reforms in the context of the Conference of the Future of Europe
SGI Europe also contributed to preparing the policy position of the European Movement International on the topic, which is available on the EMI website.
SGI Europe events in the context of the Conference on the Future of Europe
SGI Europe also organised events in the context of the Conference on the Future of Europe, aimed at feeding and encouraging the exchanges between members, EU and national institutions, and external stakeholders. Amongst others, the following dedicated events were organised by SGI Europe:
- 5 November 2021: SGI Europe – ETUC event on the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE), organised in Lisbonne (Portugal), with Ana Mendes Godinho, PT Minister of Labour, Solidarity and Social Security, Regina Bastos, PT CoFoE National Coordinator, Valeria Ronzitti, SGI Europe General Secretary, Liina Carr, ETUC Confederal Secretary, Luis Natal Marques, SGI Portugal President, João Barreiros, CGTP Responsible for International Affairs and Catarina Tavares, UGT International Secretary
- 4 May 2022: Panel on the Conference on the Future of Europe, in the context of the Festival “Health and Safety at Work” of Fondazione Rubes Triva in Urbino (Italy), with Maroš Šefčovič, European Commission Vice-President for Interinstitutional Relations and Foresight, Valeria Ronzitti, SGI Europe General Secretary, Benedetto Della Vedova, undersecretary of State of the Italian Ministry of foreign affairs, Mario Leone, Director of the Institute of Federalist Studies Altiero Spinelli, Marco Cilento, Head of Institutional Policy at the ETUC, Federica Titas, President of the Students Council of the University of Urbino, Manuela Bora, Member of the CoFoE, and Ivo Raso, European citizens’ panel representative at the CoFoE.